14 Huskies Join Owatonna’s O-Club
The Owatonna High School O-Club grew by 14 members this school year. Designation goes to student-athletes who letter at least five times in the high school career with three of those during their senior season. Special consideration was given to athletes on a spring roster this year.
Quite a few of the new O-Club members have indicated they will pursue athletics after high school. In some cases they have signed a Letter of Intent. Some plan to walk-on as they begin college. I've added those notes regarding the students that I am aware of who are planning to continue their athletic careers.
The O-Club members are listed in alphabetical order.
- Sara Anderson - tennis, basketball, track. Anderson will play tennis at Division II Winona State University, joining her sister Caitlin on the team. Sara was an Oldenburg Senior Female of the Year finalist.
- Jerez Autridge - football, wrestling, lacrosse.
- Carter DeBus - football, baseball, clay target. DeBus is one of several O-Club members that were on the staff of the award-winning OHS Magnet.
- Carson DeKam - football, basketball, baseball. DeKam will play football at Gustavus Adolphus College.
- Logan Gauthier - football, baseball, clay target.
- Isaac Gefre - football, baseball, clay target. Gefre hopes to walk-on to the baseball team at Minnesota State University-Mankato. He was a finalist for the Senior Male Athlete of the Year award.
- Sol Havelka - football, basketball, baseball, clay target. Havelka will attend St. John's University. He is considering the idea of joining the football team.
- Samuel Henson - football, soccer, baseball. Henson has committed to play football at Concordia-St. Paul, a Division II school. He was an All-State soccer player for the Huskies as well.
- Isaiah Noeldner - football, wrestling, lacrosse. Noeldner will enter the Air Force Academy. He won the 110% Award. He may try to walk-on for football.
- Chloe Schmidt - cross country, hockey, lacrosse.
- Logan Steckelberg - football, swimming, track.
- Ethan Walter - football, baseball, clay target.
- Zach Wiese - football, hockey, baseball. Wiese was named the Oldenburg Senior Male Athlete of the Year. He has signed a tender to play junior hockey with the Rochester Grizzlies.
- Dalten Wincell - football, wrestling, track.
TAKE A LOOK: You Have to See the Inside of This Crazy 'Poseidon' Home for Sale in Minnesota
$1.5 Million House Comes with Bonus Vineyard