Steele, Rice and Waseca Counties To Receive Disaster Funds
Governor Mark Dayton today announced the authorization to use funds from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account to help counties who suffered storm damage between September 18-20.
Among the 8 counties to receive assistance, Rice county is in line for $2,066,999 with Steele getting $435,155 and neighboring Waseca County $69,026.
Aid is to be used for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up costs associated with the storms. Under Minnesota law, the state will reimburse 75% of eligible costs for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up with local governments responsible for the remaining 25% of costs.
Come on out and meet the State Champion Huskies this weekend.