Blooming Prairie, Owatonna Football Schedules Released
You probably don't need to adjust your MEA Weekend getaway plans, unless you are an immediate family member of a football player. Most teams will play either Friday or Saturday of that traditional holiday weekend as Minnesota high school football teams scramble to prepare for the season just set by the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL). Fans attendance is expected to be limited at games with details on admission on a district-by-district basis.
Defending state champion Blooming Prairie will open with back-to-back home games. Limits on attendance will give a much different feel than otherwise could be expected for the Awesome Blossoms first game since winning their first-ever football title at US Bank Stadium last November.
Blooming Prairie football schedule for 2020:
- Friday, October 9, home vs Wabasha-Kellog, 7 pm
- Friday, October 16, home vs Goodhue, 7 pm (BP beat Wildcats for section title in 2019.)
- Friday, October 23, at Randolph, 7 pm
- Friday, October 30, at Kenyon-Wanamingo, 7 pm
- Friday, November 6, home vs Faribault Bethlehem Academy, 7 pm
- Friday, November 13, at Medford, 7 pm
Owatonna is the four-time defending section champ and won a pair of state titles during that time in 2017 and 2018. OHS will open with a pair of Saturday games. The Huskies will not play Faribault in 2020, an occurrence that has rarely happened over time.
Owatonna football schedule for 2020:
- Saturday, October 10, home vs Rochester Mayo, 7 pm
- Saturday, October 17, at Rochester John Marshall, 1 pm
- Friday, October 23, home vs Rochester Century, 7 pm
- Friday, October 30, at New Prague, 7 pm
- Friday, November 6, home vs Mankato West, 7 pm
- Wednesday, November 11, at Northfield, 7 pm
Medford football schedule for 2020:
- Friday, October 9, vs Winona Cotter, at Winona State University, 8 pm
- Friday, October 16, home vs Faribault Bethlehem Academy, 7 pm (Battle for the Paddle trophy game)
- Friday, October 23, at Goodhue, 7 pm
- Friday, October 30, at Randolph, 7 pm
- Friday, November 6, home vs Kenyon-Wanamingo, 7 pm
- Friday, November 13, home vs Blooming Prairie, 7 pm
The high school league dictated a six-game schedule at Monday's special board meeting. Volleyball was also shifted back to its traditional fall season with the first match as soon as October 8. Watch for schedule information on this website.
2021's Best Colleges/Universities in the Country
TASTY: 10 Surprising Foods to Try on the Grill