84% of Americans Want Another Stimulus Check
In the latest survey from WalletHub, it showed that 84%* of Americans want to see another stimulus check.
*Results of a nationally representative online survey of over 350 respondents.*
Economically speaking, the Coronavirus pandemic is one of the worst events to happen and many Americans are looking for more help financially, In the latest survey by WalletHub, 84%* of Americans believe there should be another round of stimulus checks. Not only this, but 65%* of people would rather have another check instead of canceling out their rent or mortgage.
According to the survey, the key stats to take away from the survey were:
- Many people are at risk of going broke: Nearly 160 million Americans are less than three months away from running out of money.
- Stimulus checks feed vices: Almost 24 million Americans will buy drugs, alcohol or tobacco with their stimulus money.
- Americans want unemployment insurance to match wages: Around 56 percent of Americans don't think people's unemployment income should be more than their previous income.
- People are generous during the pandemic: A third of Americans say they will donate part of their stimulus money to coronavirus relief.
- The young want checks based on financial impact: Millennials are 25 percent more likely than baby boomers to think that stimulus checks should only be given to people experiencing income loss.
- Americans think non-impacted businesses shouldn’t get aid: 70 percent of Americans believe that government help should only be given to businesses with a revenue loss.