Tainted Ground Beef Found In Mail-Order Meal-Prep Service
A Public Health Alert has been issued for ground beef in a mail-order meal prep service.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) says there are concerns that ground beef products in HelloFresh meal kits may be associated with Escherichia coli (E. coli) O157:H7 illness. This meal service was sent to home sin Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois, and across the US.
A recall was not requested because the products are no longer available for purchase. But, if you're like many people, you'll freeze meat you don't use right away, and this calls for a quick fridge and freezer check.
Specifics On the Hello Fresh Ground Beef Alert
The meal kits containing ground beef for this public health alert were shipped to consumers from July 2-21, 2022. The following products are subject to the public health alert.
- 10-oz. plastic vacuum-packed packages containing “GROUND BEEF 85% LEAN/15% FAT” with codes “EST#46481 L1 22 155” or “EST#46481 L5 22 155” on the side of the packaging.
- The ground beef packages bear “EST.46841” inside the USDA mark of inspection and on the plastic ground beef package.
According to the USDA,
FSIS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state public health partners are investigating an outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 and raw ground beef is the probable source of the reported illnesses.
Traceback information identified that multiple case-patients received ground beef produced at establishment M46841 and distributed by HelloFresh in meal kits from July 2-21, 2022.
Traceback of materials used to produce the ground beef is ongoing and FSIS continues to work with suppliers and public health partners on the investigation.
How Do I Cook Meat So It's Safe?
The simple step is...cook it to at least 160 fahrenheit. Raw fresh or frozen, cook it to 160 according to a meat thermometer. More info about safe cooking of raw meat, poultry, etc: HERE
If you have questions about the public health alert, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In much less dangerous news, there's a home for sale on Rochester's Pill Hill with a lot of bathrooms!
GALLERY: $650,000 Rare Pill Hill Home for Sale with 6 Places To Pee!
- Nicely updated & modernized mid-century home is sure to grab your attention. Curb appeal and coveted location near Downtown, Folwell Elementary and parks/trails!
- Rare find, only available due to seller's relocation plan.
- Walk to Folwell School & Mayo Clinic Campus.
- Delight in the details of this home with hardwood floors throughout, detailed built-ins, crown molding, French doors, and 2 fireplaces.
- 5 bedrooms
- 6 TOTAL BATHS
- House has a new roof as of June 2022, a new garage floor, and driveway concrete.
- Over 50k recent updates inside the house. Be blown away with its artfully designed front and back yard.
- Partially fenced back yard for privacy and could easily be fully fenced for pets. This is the home.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com