KRFO-AM logo
Get our free mobile app

Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - One person was transported to the hospital to be last night treated for smoke inhalation from a damaging kitchen fire in Rochester.

The Rochester Fire Department dispatched fire crews to a residence at 3111 15th Avenue Northwest just after 8 PM due to a report of a kitchen fire. It was reported that the six occupants of the residence attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher before evacuating the building.


A news release on the incident says firefighters arrived at the scene and quickly extinguished the fire on a stovetop. It was also noted that was a large amount of smoke in the home, which required ventilation. The fire damage was confined to the stove, a microwave hood, the kitchen cabinets, and the ceiling. The overall loss was estimated at $10,000.

Information about the medical condition of the individual transported to the hospital is not available.

50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America

YouGov investigated the most popular dining brands in the country, and Stacker compiled the list to give readers context on the findings. Read on to look through America's vast and divergent variety of restaurants—maybe you'll even find a favorite or two.


More From KRFO-AM