Local FFA Members Recognized at State FFA Convention
The 88th Minnesota State FFA Convention wrapped up Tuesday at the University of Minnesota-St. Paul campus. A number of FFA members from local chapters received recognition. Emily Pliscott from the Kenyon-Wanamingo FFA was elected Minnesota FFA Vice President. Sam Moenning from Triton received the Star in Production Placement. There were also a number of Proficiency Awards:
- Agricultural Mechanics Fabrication and Design: Michael Kanne from Medford FFA
- Equine Science Placement: Jackilyn Thayer from Triton FFA
- Forage Production: Matthew Krieger from Kenyon-Wanamingo
- Poultry Production: Holly Larson from Medford FFA
- Swine Production Placement: Madeline Patterson from Kenyon-Wanamingo FFA
The Minnesota FFA Alumni Association recognized seven inductees to the Minnesota FFA Hall of Fame. You will likely recognize a number of them including: Paul Aarsvold, adviser at the Plainview-Elgin-Millville FFA; Dave Frederickson, Commissioner of Agriculture; Jurgen Peters, retired FFA adviser; Doug Peterson, retired Minnesota Farmers Union President; and Al Withers, retired Minnesota Ag in the Classroom.
Did you notice I did not say these FFA members won awards at the State FFA Convention? They did not get lucky and "win" anything. They earned these awards!