Owatonna Chili Cook-Off raised over $8,000 for Andrew Lawrence Scholarship
The 11th annual Chili Cook-Off Contest to benefit the Andrew Lawrence Memorial Scholarship raised nearly $8,500 on Jan. 17 in Owatonna.
More than 700 people attended the annual event held at the National Guard Armory in Owatonna.
- Grand Champion, red chili...#9 Mark Kearin
- Grand Champion, white chili....#10 Dustin Reese
- Chef's Choice, red chili....#19 Jerome "Spinny" Spindler
- Chef's Choice, white chili...#32 Ryan Sanford
- People's Choice, red chili...#34 Mary Reese
- People's Choice, white chili...#35 Megan Rosenau
- Restaurant Class (Owatonna's best chili)...Costa's
- Flame Award (presented by Fame Awards)...#23 Jason Schroeder
Since May 2008, the scholarship fund has granted 32 scholarships totaling $32,000. This year, the fund plans on granting five additional $1,000 scholarships in May at the Fine Arts Presentation at Owatonna High School. Applications are available at Sacred Heart, St. Joseph's, Holy Trinity and at the high school. They are due by March 1.