Blood Drives Coming to Owatonna and the Area
The need for blood is constant and the United Way of Steele County website indicates that many blood drives have been canceled due to the coronavirus. Several blood drives are coming up in April in Owatonna, Ellendale, Medford, and Blooming Prairie. Sign up in advance through the American Red Cross at redcrossblood.org. If you don't see one that works for you right away expand the search window for more opportunities.
Blood drives include:
- Ellendale Community Center, 507 2nd Street, Friday April 10 from 9 am to 3 pm
- Blooming Prairie Servicemen's Club, Monday, April 13 from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Valleyview Assisted Living and Memory Care, 1212 West Frontage Road, Owatonna, Thursday, April 16 from 10 am to 3 pm
- Owatonna Hospital, Friday, April 24 from 9 am to 3 pm
- Community Education Building, 122 East McKinley Street, Owatonna, Tuesday, April 28 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Medford School, Wednesday, April 29 from 9 am to 2 pm
- United Methodist Church, 815 East University, Owatonna, Thursday, April 30 from 1 pm to 7 pm
- Hy-Vee Foods in Owatonna, Thursday, April 30 from 11 am to 5 pm
The Owatonna High School National Honor Society is working with Trinity Lutheran Church to host a blood drive on Wednesday, April 8 from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. NHS announced last Friday via their Twitter account that all the appointments were taken.
Steele County United Way states that volunteers are needed to screen donors. This is a new way to volunteer. Find out more ways to assist by calling 612-871-7676 or email MNRecruit@redcross.org. To sign up to give blood you can visit redcrossblood.org and enter you zip code or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Find more details on these blood drives and other local agencies in need of volunteers on the United Way of Steele County's Human Resource Updates page.