American Red Cross Blood Drives in the Area
March has been designated as Red Cross Month by each U.S. president since 1943. The Red Cross supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood. With about 2,600 hospitals nationwide, blood donors of all types are needed to help patients as they recover from accidents, going through organ transplants, surgery or cancer treatment.
Donors should weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health and be at least 17 years old, 16 with parental consent. To make an appointment, visit redcrossblood.org or call (800) 733-2767. Donors should bring identification at check-in.
In March, Red Cross Blood Drives in our area:
- Tuesday, March 8: Quinn Hall, 615 Olof Hanson Drive in Faribault from 10AM to 4PM
- Wednesday, March 9: Hayfield High School, County Highway 31 from 8:30AM to 1:30PM
- Thursday, March 10: Foldcraft Co., 615 Centennial Drive, Kenyon from 9AM to 3PM
- Friday, March 11: Blooming Prairie High School, 202 Fourth Ave. N.W., from 1-7PM
- Friday, March 11: Famous Dave's, 4355 W. Frontage Rd., Owatonna from 10AM to 4PM
Also at St. Joseph's Church, 512 S. Elm Ave., in Owatonna on
- Wednesday, March 9, and Thursday, March 10, from noon to 6PM
- Friday, March 11 from 8AM to 1PM.
There will also be two blood drives on Monday, March 14:
- Ag Power Enterprises, 3555 18th St. S.W., Owatonna from 9AM to 3PM
- The Crux Church, 112 Central Ave., Faribault from 1-7PM
Later in March, there will be blood drives on:
- Thursday, March 17: Trinity Lutheran Church, 412 N. Main St., Janesville from 1-7PM
- Monday, March 21: American Legion Post 43, 112 Fifth St. N.E., Faribault from 11:30AM to 5:30PM
- Tuesday, March 22: Medford School, 750 Second Ave. S.E., from 9AM to 2PM
The Eagles Club, 2027 W. Grant St., in Faribault will have two blood drives:
- Wednesday, March 30, from 12:30-6:30PM
- Thursday, March 31, from 8:30AM to 1:30PM