Who Ya Gonna Call? Coon Rapids Police Called After Homeowner Discovers Huge Snake
The life of a police officer is one where you probably won't have any day be the exact same as the one before or after. One Minnesota police officer, got an interesting call yesterday, as a Coon Rapids Community Service Officer responded to a call about a snake in a residential area. And judging by the photo's it looked like a pretty good-sized one too.
The post yesterday from the Coon Rapids Police Department was straight to the point.
99% of the time being a CSO you get to help very cute creatures. The other 1% we try not to think about 🐍.
Twin Cities media outlet KSTP-TV reported that the large snake was a bullsnake.
As you can see in the photo, the CSO who answered the call, which we know from the post was CSO Sullivan was keeping her distance when picking up the snake with a retractable leash, often used when officers come across other types of animals, like raccoons, cats, and dogs, where the leash slips over the critters head and then pulled tight to secure the animal at a safe distance from the officer.
Animal lovers of all types, even snakes, shouldn't worry about the snake, as it was safely released at the Bunker Hills Recreation Park after being removed from the area.
Minnesota, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, is home to 17 different species of snakes, 15 of which are common, like the bullsnake, and 2 which aren't as common like the Timber rattlesnake and the Massasauga.
MORE TO EXPLORE: The 17 Snake Species of Minnesota
LOOK: Minnesota Ticks and How To Prevent Bites