Volunteers Sought to Help Design New High School
The Owatonna School District is inviting community members and parents to provide input on the designing and planning for the new high school that was approved by school district voters November 5. The new facility, to replace the nearly 100-year-old building, should open in the fall of 2023.
The news release states, "Recognizing that not all applicants will be able to make these dates/times work, or be selected as part of the Core Planning Team, please indicate the area that interest you on the provided application. We will work to include your voice and perspective in a portion of the planning and design process."
The Core Planning Team will meet at the following dates and times.
- Wednesday, December 4, 3-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 18, all day for out-of-district tours
- Wednesday, January 15, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, January 29, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, February 12, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, February 26, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, March 4, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, March 18, 3-5 pm
- Wednesday, April 1, 3-5 pm
Those interested should fill out the online application by Wednesday, November 27. To have questions answered, contact Sarah Hoffman, Administrative Assistant to Superintendent Jeff Elstad at 507-444-8610.