This Store in Owatonna is the Top Tourist Attraction in Southern Minnesota
What if I told you that the top tourist attraction in the entire state of Minnesota was the Mall of America? No one would be surprised, right? It is crazy to think, though, that, according to Explore Minnesota, there's an average of 40 million people that go to the Mall of America in a year!
But Explore Minnesota also ranked the top 10 tourist attractions in each region of the state. The split it up by Metro, Central, Northeast, Northwest, and Southern. So what are Southern Minnesota's top 10 tourist attractions?
10. Lake Shetek State Park - Currie - Attendance: 125,034
9. Lark Toys - Kellogg - Attendance: 126,147
8. Myre-Big Island State Part - Albert Lea - Attendance: 136,105
7. Frontenac State Park - Frontenac - Attendance: 149,471
6. Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park - Preston - Attendance: 150,760
5. Whitewater State Park - Altura - Attendance: 276,493
4. Flandrau State Park - New Ulm - Attendance: 281,257
3. Minneopa State Park - Mankato - Attendance: 293,908
2. Mayo Civic Center - Rochester - Attendance: 297,575
1. Cabela's - Owatonna - Attendance: 405,000
Yes, our top tourist attraction is Owatonna's Cabela's. And it's the top by over 100,000 people! That's insane!