Sick Of Pumpkin Pie? Try This Easy, Scrumptious Pumpkin Cake This Thanksgiving
Last week, I shared my family's scrumptious wild rice stuffing recipe, and it seemed to make people eager for the Thanksgiving season.
And now, with Thanksgiving only two weeks away, I decided to grace you, the readers, with another Shel B Thanksgiving staple.
Say bye, bye, pumpkin pie, and hello, yummy, flavorful pumpkin dessert.
One of the best parts of any meal is always the dessert, and that remains true when it comes to Thanksgiving, but pumpkin pie can be kind of...blah. That's why my family decided to take the classic pumpkin pie to a whole new level.
Ingredients Needed for Shel B's Thanksgiving Pumpkin Dessert
- 4 Eggs
- 29 oz of Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- A Box of Yellow or White Cake Mix
- 1 C. Melted Butter
- 1 C. Chopped Walnuts
How To Create The Ever-So-Easy Pumpkin Dessert
1. Mix the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, spice, milk, and salt together.
2. Put the mixture in a greased 9-by-13 pan.
3. Sprinkle the yellow or white cake mix powder on the top.
4. Drizzle melted butter on top of the cake mix.
5. Add chopped walnuts to create the last layer.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half. Check every ten minutes after the first hour.
Shel B Family Hack: To check if your cake is done, stick a knife in it and pull it out. If the knife comes out clean, the dessert is finished.
If you'd like, you can serve with honey or cool whip.
This is a beloved treat in our family. What are your Thanksgiving staples? Let us know in the comments below.