Owatonna Gymnastics Reaches State Meet for 6th Time in 7 Seasons
It's a rite of late winter. The Owatonna High School gymnastics team has qualified for the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) state meet in six of the last seven seasons. OHS has captured third place in four straight of those appearances (2017, 2018, 2019, 2021). They compete Friday, February 18 at 11 am at Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul in the team event.
Individual competition is Saturday, February 19 at 11 am. OHS has four qualifiers for that: Emma Johnson (all around), Josie Johnson (vault), Kaitlyn Cobban (balance beam), and Averie Roush (floor exercise).
Team qualifiers for the Class AA state gymnastics meet with their ranking from the Minnesota Girls Gymnastics Coaches Association. Competition begins at 11 am Friday, February 18 at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium. [Finish at 2021 state meet if they participated]
- No. 1 Stillwater Area (Section 4) [5th]
- No. 2 Wayzata (Section 6) [8th]
- No. 3 New Prague (Section 2) [6th]
- No. 4 St. Cloud Tech (Section 8)
- No. 5 Owatonna (Section 1) [3rd]
- No. 11 Elk River/Zimmerman (Section 7) [7th]
- No. 14 Rosemount (Section 3)
- unranked St. Michael-Albertville (Section 5)
Want to order tickets to state gymnastics? Go to the MSHSL ticket order form.
The field for the Class A competition, with competition at 6 pm Friday, February 18. [Finish at state in 2021 if they participated]
- No. 1 Watertown-Mayer/Mound-Westonka (Section 5) [Champs]
- No. 2 Big Lake (Section 7) [7th]
- No. 3 Worthington (Section 3) [6th]
- No. 5 New London-Spicer (Section 6) [5th]
- No. 6 Mahtomedi (Section 4)
- No. 7 Mankato West (Section 2 and Big Nine Conference champ) [3rd]
- No. 8 Detroit Lakes (Section 8)
- No. 15 Byron (Section 1)
Go here for access to schedules/results of the MSHSL gymnastics meet.
Owatonna's order of competition on Friday is balance beam, floor exercise, vault, uneven parallel bars.
At Thursday's Section 1AA meet at Rochester Mayo High School, OHS scored 142.6 to edge Farmington, who had 142.350. Northfield was third with 141.375.