NRHEG High School Donates
Just before Christmas break on Wednesday, December 23, each grade in the New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva High School in New Richland collected food and money as a friendly competition to win a Root Beer Float party given by the National Honor Society. The donations were given to both the New Richland and Ellendale food shelves.
In monetary donations, Ellendale was given $288.
The total poundage of food given to Ellendale was 222.8.
Pounds donated by grade:
- Seniors (Green box): 60.8
- Juniors (one of the Red boxes): 37.2
- Sophomores (Pink Box): 56.0
- Freshmen (Purple Box): 30.8
- Sixth (the other Red box): 31.4
- A bag of cereal was also given, unsure from which grade: 6.6
The donations included:
- Mac and cheese
- Mouthwash and toothpaste
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Soups, canned and boxed
- Candy canes (spirit of the season)
- Pie filling, cake and frosting
- Bottled water
Even something for the volunteers at the food shelf, a bag of candy bars.
Just a reminder that similar donations were given to the New Richland food shelf.
Also the NRHEG third-graders gave 343.4 pounds of food to the Ellendale Food Shelf on Monday (December 21) and Tuesday (December 22).
The Ellendale food shelf would like to thank all students of NRHEG for their generosity.