Minnesota Slang? Do Minnesotans Even Use These Phrases?
Oh Sure, Ya You Betcha! I'll give us this one as I have heard it in every corner of our fair state. People will come at us for our pronunciation of the word bag or maybe how we say milk. It's simple jealousy. I get it, not everyone can have such a sexy accent as we have here in the #boldNorth. I found a list done by viatravelers.com that has a list of '81 Minnesota slang terms you need to know' and it includes a list of popular "sayings" that are "Minnesotan" the only thing is I've NEVER heard these sayings. It's grape salad all over again. Don't believe me? Check these rediculous sayings out.
- “Three can keep a secret if one is dead,”
- “Not anyone on this Earth knows my age.”
- “We have three cats. It’s like having children, but there is no tuition involved.”
- “If you come to come to Minnesota, I will have you locked up like that. That’s power.”
- “The women all want to dance. I dance all night every night.”
- “It’s kitty-corner from your house.”
- “The longest road trip I’ve ever been on is from Minnesota to Los Angeles.”
- “I love everything Minnesota.”
- “Minnesota: Come for the culture, stay because your car won’t start.”
- “Ya know you’re from Minnesota when you love Caribou better than Starbucks.”
- “At 65 degrees, Arizonans turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.”
- “At 60 degrees Californians shiver uncontrollably. Minnesotans sunbathe.”
- “Ya know you’re from Minnesota when you go Up North for vacation.”
- “Welcome to the Midwest, where the forecasts are made up and the seasons don’t matter.”
- “What a lovely winter you are having this spring.”
- “There are only three things you can grow in Minnesota; colder, older, and fatter.”
What fresh hell is this? Did someone google Minnesota memes and decide to call them popular phrases?