Is Your Car Ready For Another Minnesota Winter?
I have to admit, this last several days have been glorious! who can't appreciate 70 degree weather in November? The bad news is a cold front moves in early next week and temps will take us back in the 30's. It's important you have your car ready for what's to come.
Cars have come a long way in the last few decades. With most all cars using fuel injection, those cold winter starts aren't nearly as iffy. Jumper cables used to get a real workout back in the day.
Still, a Minnesota winter can be pretty tough on your car. Everything from the starter to your windshield wipers and tires, headlights, etc. So, what can you do to make sure your car isn't going to leave you stranded out in the cold?
AAA recommends you do these things to get your car ready for another winter battle;
- Be sure to carry an emergency kit in all your vehicles. i put one together every year for my kid, too. Stock it with snacks, candle, lighter, tin cup to melt snow for water, snow shovel, blankets, jumper cables and a flashlight. Also, make sure your phone is charged before traveling.
- Make sure your tires are good for tread. Make sure they are properly inflated.
- Have your battery checked and make sure terminals are clean and free of corrosion.
- Replace worn windshield wipers
- Make sure all lights are functioning. Replace worn bulbs.
- AAA also suggests you have your vehicle inspected by a professional technician to make sure it's in good shape for what Winter brings.
(Dakota News Now)
10 Childhood Life Hacks You (Probably) Still Use Today