Amazing Drone Footage of New Exhibit at Como Zoo in Minnesota
Como Harbor is now open at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory!
Next time you visit Como Park Zoo & Conservatory in Minnesota, you'll be able to see the brand new exhibit that just opened. $21 million dollars was spent on reinventing and improving the home where the seals and sea lions live at Como Zoo.
Check out the drone footage of Como Harbor at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory.
The improvements at Como Harbor include features that make this area feel more like the Pacific coast. There are two saltwater pools that allow the public to view the animals in and out of the water, a shaded amphitheater along with a stage, and some great areas where training sessions can happen with the zookeepers and animals. You can see the whole revamped area below.
During your visit, say hi to Nan, the newest polar bear at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory!
Back in February, Como Park Zoo & Conservatory also welcomed one of their newest animals, Nan the polar bear.
Meet Nan! The newest polar bear at Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
Fun facts about Nan the polar bear:
- She was discovered under a house in Barrow, Alaska after she was orphaned.
- Because she was too young and not able to take care of herself yet, she went to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma, Washington and lived there for 5 years.
- She then spent 16 years at the Toledo Zoo.
- The last 4 years, she has been at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
- Read more about Nan and her story here.