Talking a Little Weather in Southern Minnesota
In a span of the week, it is summer-like and right back to autumn to spring. It is the weather.
Last weekend, the 10th and 11th, felt a little bit like summer. According to official reports from Rochester's airport, Saturday was 72 and Sunday was 85. The average is around 60. The winds, of course, were another part of the story. They were gusty to around 40 mph, according to noaa.gov. Still pretty nice for getting out for some golf or yard work.
Then Monday the 12th came along. The average high temperature for that date is about 60. It was quite the cool-down around the area, and the winds were gusty. Highs for the day were reached at between 10 and 10:30AM:
- Rochester - 67 with northwest winds at 38 mph, gusts to 50 mph
- Owatonna - 61 with winds at 20 mph and gusts to 46 mph
- Ellendale - 63 with winds from 15-40 mph
- Faribault - 61 with west winds at 20-40 mph
- Austin - 63 with west winds at 20-25 mph, gusting to 44 mph
- Mankato - 59 with 20-30 mph winds, gusting to 45 mph
Today highs around the area will be in the low 60s and it's going to be windy. Mankato is in a red flag warning. Friday will be more of a cool-down, with highs that will reach the upper 40s. We could even see some frost with lows in the upper 20s. The weekend will then gradually warm up to near 60 on Sunday.
Monday looks like could be in the low 70s. That will feel nice.