Rice County Reports Two More COVID-19 Deaths
The Minnesota Department of Health released the latest COVID-19 numbers today. Included were 20 more deaths from 13 counties. Two from Rice County.
An individual in their early 60's and a person in their upper 70's. That's the only information that is being released by the county concerning deaths. No gender and no location within the county is given.
The youngest death listed was a person from Isanti County in their upper 40's. The oldest were individuals from Yellow Medicine and Ramsey Counties in their upper 90's.
Total deaths statewide are now 2,457 with 1,716 being residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities.
There were 2,983 newly reported confirmed cases. 38 probable cases for a total of newly reported cases of 3,021.
The total positive cases since COVID-19 was first detected in March is 148,472. There have been 2,839,304 tests completed and 1,853,617 people tested.
Total hospitalizations went up 151 to 10,270. 30 more people had serious enough cases to require intensive care with a total to date of 2,695.
The county by county numbers look like this:
- Rice 1,761 total cases with 12 deaths, 19 newly reported cases.
- Steele 839 total cases with 3 deaths, 22 new cases
- Scott 3,779 total cases with 36 deaths, 113 new cases.
- Dakota 10,589 total cases with 139 deaths, 169 new positives
- Dodge 424 total cases with 0 deaths, 4 new cases
- Goodhue 709 total cases with 11 deaths, 27 new cases
- LeSueur 687 total cases with 6 deaths, 16 newly reported cases
- Waseca 956 total cases with 10 deaths, 6 new positives
- Wabasha 435 total cases with 1 death, 7 new cases
- Olmsted 3,514 total positives with 30 deaths, 65 new cases
- Hennepin 36,580 total cases with 1,000 deaths, 454 new positives
- Ramsey 15,139 total positives with 380 deaths, 173 new cases
The Rice County Public Health Department website COVID-19 page does not include the two most recent deaths.
Through Thursday total cases by community zip codes were:
- Faribault 1,214
- Northfield 355
- Lonsdale 82
- Webster 27
- Morristown 24
- Dundas 19