Make Donations to Steele County Public Health
By all accounts, Steele County businesses and individuals have stepped up with donations to assist healthcare providers. See the layout below for a series of great stories of people and companies pulling together. Steele County Public Health is asking anyone who has a donation of personal protective equipment, to push those items through their office.
In a press release, Steele County Public Health states, "Donations will be utilized for Steele County COVID-19 response. PPE donations will be properly vetted and distributed to Steele County Healthcare providers and public safety partners per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Health's recommendations."
Items that are accepted include N95 masks, handmade cloth masks, gowns, eye protection, non-sterile gloves, and hand sanitizer.
Steele County Public Health has a drop off donation site outside their office at 635 Florence Avenue in Owatonna. Items can be dropped off from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. If you have questions, call the public health office at 507-444-7650.
- April 28 at Owatonna Community Education Building, 122 E. McKinley St
- April 30 at Owatonna United Methodist Church, 815 E. University St.
- May 6-7 at Owatonna VFW, 135 Oakdale St
- May 15 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 1909 St.Paul Rd, Owatonna
- May 27 at Associated Church, 800 Havana Rd, Owatonna
- May 29 at Owatonna Hospital, 2250 26th St NW
Go to redcrossblood.org to sign up for a blood drive appointment.