It’s So Hot a Faribault Dumpster Caught Fire
We've all heard the "It's so hot" jokes. Today Faribault firefighters and residents can add a couple of things that really happened.
It was so hot a dumpster caught fire as it was being transported down the road. The Flom Disposal dumpster was picked up at a Faribault residence when for some reason it caught fire after the operator of the truck turned off Highway 21 to go onto Highway 3.
A video was captured that shows the truck driver initially thought about leaving the dumpster on the shoulder of Highway 3 near the location of the Crossroads Center.
Faribault Fire Chief Dustin Dienst told KDHL when they arrived on the scene the truck was in a parking lot next to the Grand Stay Hotel. The driver unloaded the dumpster and parked a safe distance away. Dienst says they used approximately 800 gallons of water to put out the fire in the metal dumpster.
Dienst says the dumpster was filled with household items like furniture, mattresses and that kind of stuff.
When I first noticed something was happening I was traveling up Highway 21 after eating lunch and saw thick, black smoke rolling into the sky toward the north. Naturally I was curious and when I came to the Highway 3 section there were police vehicles. the flaming dumpster and the fire truck arrived.
Dienst says it took them about 15 minutes to completely extinguish the flames. Because it was garbage on the way to the landfill there will be no investigation into how the dumpster caught fire.
He did confirm it could have been spontaneous combustion but, "We will never know what happened."
There were 9 seperate power outages reported in Faribault this afternoon affecting scores of residents. Statewide the Xcel Energy outage map indicated 50 outages with 2,858 customers impacted in the middle of the afternoon.
The length of the outages varied. At my house power was restored at 4:02 p.m. according to a message left on my cell phone but I did not get any message saying when it went out.
Here are my 15 favorite it's so hot jokes. Add some of your favorites and keep them clean please.
- It's so hot you can melt a chili dog.
- It's so hot chickens are laying omelettes.
- It's so hot the car overheats before you start it.
- It's so hot I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog.
- It's so hot all the bread in the store turned to toast.
- It's so hot the cows are giving evaporated milk.
- It's so hot I saw a bird pull a worm out of the ground with an oven mitt.
- It's so hot I saw a funeral procession pull through a Dairy Queen.
- It's so hot I'm using Celsius instead of Fahrenheit just to have a lower number.
- It's so hot chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs.
- It's so hot farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
- It's so hot the best parking spot is determined by the shade instead of the distance.
- It's so hot Siri asked to be dipped into a glass of ice water.
- It's so hot you discover it only takes 2 fingers to drive your car.
- It's so hot I saw a chicken lay a fried egg.
Let's see how many more you can add to the list.
Speaking of power outages remember how cool this was last April during the pandemic?
GALLERY: Minnesota Stadiums Lit Up For #BeTheLightMN Movement
Imagine the electric bill at this house.
WHOA: You Have to See Inside Minnesota's Most Expensive House