Huskies Hang on for Win on Senior Night
The Owatonna High School baseball team closed out their home regular season schedule with a thrilling 4-3 victory over New Ulm on Senior Night. OHS broke a 3-3 tie with a run on a wild pitch in the bottom of the sixth. The Huskies preserved that lead by throwing out a runner at home in the top of the seventh.
The Eagles left two runners on base in their final at bat with Huskies Payton Beyer on the mound. He pitched the final two innings, striking out four. Brayden Truelson tossed the first five frames, allowing six hits while striking out six and not walking a batter.
Nick Williams had two hits, including a double, and drove in two runs. Grant Achterkirch also had an RBI. The Huskies had eight hits and did not commit an error.
Huskies seniors include Beyer, Gavin Rein, Connor Budach, Jacob Meiners, Truelson, Mason Kunkel, Matt Seykora, Gage Olson, and Abe Stockwell.
OHS plays at Albert Lea Thursday, May 20 at 6:30 pm with coverage on Kat Kountry 105 FM. Owatonna goes to Northfield Friday for a 5 pm makeup game, also on Kat Kountry 105.
Other OHS sports Monday:
- The softball team lost to Winona 9-2. OHS committed five errors in the game. The Huskies lost a 2-1 decision to the Winhawks last week. Paiton Glynn had two hits and two RBI. Owatonna hosts Albert Lea Thursday.
- OHS boys lacrosse topped Rochester Mayo 17-10 and makes a long trip to play St. Cloud Tech tonight (Tuesday, May 18).
- The Owatonna girls blitzed the Spartans 12-3 and go to John Marshall Thursday.
- OHS boys golf captured first place at The Jewel in a multi-team meet with a 321 total. Evan Little (79), Jonny Wall (80), Brody Homan (81) and Sam Snitker (81) made up the Huskies score.
- The OHS girls golfers saw a personal best 92 shot by Makayla Mahlman Monday in Mankato.
Owatonna Young Life Cake Auction 2021
CHEERS: Best Small Town Bars in Southern Minnesota