Give This Simple Steak and Potato Nacho Recipe a Try!
Looking for a new recipe for dinners at home? Well, give these Steak and Potato Nachos a try!
I made this over the weekend and it was absolutely amazing! I like to spend my free time looking at different recipes to try and this one from Tasty caught my attention. It's very simple and easy to make and serves 3. For your ingredients you will need:
- 2 russet potatoes, sliced
- 1 lb skirt steak (can sub for flank steak as well)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- salsa, optional
- 2 green onions, minced
To make this tasty dish (see what I did there?) you just need to follow these step!
- Slice potatoes and place into a large bowl. Add Olive Oil, salt, pepper, and paprika then mix.
- Place potatoes in baking sheet and bake at 450˚F (230˚C) for 20 minutes.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, Cook on high heat for about 3 mins on each side, for medium rare. Cook for about 5 mins each side for medium.
- Let steak cool for 10 mins then slice into cubes.
- On a baking sheet, or for best result use a cast iron skillet, place cooked potatoes in a heap then top with steak and cheese.
- Broil for 5 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream, salsa and green onions. (I added fresh jalapeños for a little kick)
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I did!
MORE TO EXPLORE: 10 Iconic Minnesota Food Dishes
Wake up with Jarred Becker every weekday morning from 6a-10a on AM 1390 KRFO