Get Kids Registered Now For Minnesota DNR’s ‘I Can!’ Summer Program
Great news for kids and families across the Northland! The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources’ award-winning I Can! program will resume this summer with outdoor skill-building sessions held in more than 25 Minnesota state parks.
This is a perfect opportunity to pull kids away from their screens and get them outside to not only have fun, but also learn a new skill. But it's not only kids who are able to have fun as this program is designed for both individuals and families.
The I Can! program start Saturday, June 11, and continues through late August. Registration and registration is underway.
The Minnesota DNR is offering the following programs:
- I Can Camp! - These one- or two-night overnight programs are your chance to introduce your kids to the fun of camping—no experience necessary.
- I Can Paddle! - Your kids will discover the kind of amazing views only seen from the water during one of these programs designed especially for first-time paddlers.
- I Can Mountain Bike! - Remember your kids' joy and triumph when they first learned to bike? Take that joy off-road with this exhilarating program.
- I Can Fish! - Share the fun of casting into the water and the excitement when there's a tug on the line. This program is all about the anticipation and thrill of your kids learning to catch fish.
- Archery in the Parks! - This program lets you share the exact moment when your child first aims for a goal and hits it.
The Minnesota DNR makes it easy for everyone interested to participate.
“We provide all the gear along with friendly instructors who can show you how to use it,” said Ann Pierce, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Parks and Trails director. “Our goal is to make it easy for all Minnesotans to get outdoors, have fun and enjoy the health and wellness benefits of nature.”
Registration for all the programs can be done online now and each class is held in several locations across Minnesota.
Families can also register for the I Can! program by calling 866-857-2757 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, except holidays).
For more information, including program details, dates, times, locations, and minimum age requirements, contact the DNR Information Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-646-6367 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday).