Flu Shot Clinics for Goodhue,Steele Counties, Rice Still Planning
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) this week hammered on the need for Minnesotans 6 months and older to get their seasonal flu shots. Officials are anticipating the seasonal flu and COVID-19 could cause a twindemic problem for hospital beds.
Rice County Public Health does offer flu shots by appointment on Tuesdays because their offices are still closed to the general public. A spokesperson told KDHL they are in the process of determining when and where they will be administering the seasonal flu shots.
Goodhue County has released their 2020 Community Flu Clinics list stating pre-registration is not required but strongly encouraged.
The Goodhue County Community Flu Clinics are:
- October 5, 2020 Pine Island from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Pine Island Cheese Factory, 100 East Center Street
- October 12, 2020 Cannon Falls from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. St. Ansgar's Lutheran Church, 7459 Minnesota 19
- October 13, 2020 Goodhue from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Goodhue Lions Club, 105 Broadway Street
- October 19, 2020 Zumbrota from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. United Redeemer Church, 560 West 3rd St.
- October 22, 2020 Kenyon from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Site is yet to be determined
Face masks and social distancing are required. Children under age 2 should not wear a mask. Both shots and nasal mist are available.
For questions phone 651-385-6114.
Steele County is conducting Drive Through Flu Shot Clinics:
- October 7, 2020 Ellendale, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Ellendale Fire Department, 705 2nd Street
- October 8, 2020 Owatonna, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Steele County Public Health, 635 Florence Avenue, Owatonna
- October 9, 2020 Blooming Prairie, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Heather Haus Assisted Living, 223 4th Street NW, Blooming Prairie
- October 12, 2020 Medford, 12 Noon to 2:00 p.m., Medford Funeral Home, 310 Central Avenue E. Medford
For these drive through clinics everyone must remain in their vehicles at all times. Social/physical distancing and face coverings are required. Short sleeve shirts are necessary for vaccine administration.
They will accept, Medicare, South County Health Alliance, Medical Assistance, Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Ucare, Health Partners, Medica, Unicare or cash for check.
Any questions contact Steele County Public Health at 507-444-7650.