Filing Time for Political Offices in Rice County
The Rice County Auditor/Treasurer office released an official Notice of Filing for the 2018 General Election today. The general election will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 with a number of offices up for election. The filing period for all offices begins 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2018 and ends at 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
Rice County Elections Director Annette Peters says offices will be closed Monday, May 28, 2018 in observance of Memorial Day. Candidates may file in person or by mail if the filing is received during the filing period. Candidates who will be absent from the state during the filing period and meet the requirements of Minnesota Statutes may arrange to file during the seven days immediately preceding the candidates absence from the state.
The place of filing for federal offices is the Office of the Secretary of State in St. Paul. The place of filing for state offices is with the Office of the Secretary of State in St. Paul or the county auditor of the county in which the candidate resides.
Federal Offices up for election include:
- United States Senator (Term ending January 3, 2025)
- United States Senator (Special Election for Term ending January 3, 2021)
- Unites States Representative District 1
- United States Representative District 2
State Legislative Offices:
- State Representative for District 20B
- State Representative for District 24B
State Executive Offices:
- Governor and Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
- State Attorney General
There are three Associate Justice, six Court of Appeals Judges and eight Third Judicial District Judges seats up for election.
At the Rice County level:
- County Commissioner District 3
- County Commissioner District 4
- County Attorney
- Supervisor for Soil and Water Conservation District 3
- Supervisor for Soil and Water Conservation District 5
If you have questions Peters is available at 507-332-6133.