Filing For Public Offices is Open in Rice County Minnesota
Notice of Filing for 2022 General Election in all Minnesota Counties and Municipalities has begun and runs through 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Up for election are Rice County offices for Sheriff and County Attorney.
County Commissioner District 3 includes Faribault Precincts 2 and 3. County Commissioner District 4 includes Faribault Precincts 1 and 4 and Wells Township.
One Supervisor for Soil and Water Conservation District 3 and One Supervisor for Soil and Water Conservation District 5 will be voted upon during this year's election.
Also State Legislative Office to be voted on in Rice County include:
- State Senator District 19
- State Senator District 22
- State Senator District 58
- State Representative District 19A
- State Representative District 22B
- State Representative District 58A
- State Representative District 58B
State Executive Offices include:
- Governor and Lt. Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
- Attorney General
Federal Offices include:
- U.S. Representative District 1
- U.S. Representative District 2
Judicial Offices on the ballot:
- Associate Justice for Seat 3
- Associate Justice for Seat 6
Court of Appeals has 10 seats on ballot and Third Judicial District has 8 seats included.
Municipal offices include 3 Faribault City Council members to be elected to 4-year terms. Those seats are presently held by Janna Viscomi, Tom Spooner and Peter Van Sluis.
Viscomi has stated on KDHL AM Minnesota program her intention not to file for re-election saying it's time for a new person to serve the citizens of Faribault.
In Northfield Council Member At-Large, Council Member 1st Ward and Council Member 4th Ward are up for four-year terms.
We hope one of these listed is not your job.
Beware of These 50 Jobs That Might Vanish in the Next 50 Years