Earlier this afternoon (Wednesday) there was an explosion at the All-Sate Peterbilt on West Howard Drive in North Mankato.

Police say that crews were working on a West Central Sanitation vehicle when it started leaking compressed natural gas. While they were evacuating the garage the gas came in contact with an ignition source and it exploded. WCCO reports that "overhead garage doors were blown out and there was some other structural damage."

There were two men injured in the explosion: a 59-year-old Ellendale man who got first and second-degree burns and he was airlifted to Regions Hospital's burn unit. A 41-year-old Gibbon man suffered a minor burn on his hand and was able to be treated at the scene. Police say that both men should be ok.

You can take a look at the areal view of the scene on WCCO's website.



More From KRFO-AM