Blades Pile up Goals in Weekend Sweep
It might have been deer season in Minnesota over the weekend, but the Steele County Blades junior hockey team went duck hunting at the Four Seasons Centre in Owatonna. The Blades scored 20 goals in a two-game sweep of the Dells (WI) Ducks, winning 10-5 Friday, November 13 and 10-0 in the Saturday rematch.
Michael Leighton (Ann Arbor, MI) got the shutout on 21 saves, the Blades first of the season. The Blades improved to 5-5-1 overall with the sweep and are scheduled to host Hudson on Sunday, November 22 at 8 pm at Four Seasons.
With 20 total goals for the weekend, it was a feast of stats for several players:
- Pierce Lee (Delta, British Columbia) 4 goals, 2 assists
- Gavin Ellis (Highland, CA) 3 goals, 4 assists
- Jordan Nawrocki (Faribault, MN) 2 goals, 3 assists
- Noah Yerdon (Monaca, PA) 1 goal, 6 assists
- Charlie Smith (Watertown, Ontario) 1 goal, 5 assists
- Braden Trivelpiece (Moscow, ID) 2 goals, 1 assist
- Matthew Ebersole (Milwaukee, WI) 4 assists
- Wyatt Oldefendt (current Owatonna High School senior) 2 assists
- Anders Thorager (Stillwater, MN...son of OHS grad David Thorager) scored his first goal for the Blades Saturday and had an assist Friday.
The Blades schedule has gone through several changes since the beginning of the season. Recently the team dropped a planned trip to the east coast for a showcase event. Upcoming games (always subject to change)
- Sunday, November 22 vs Hudson at Four Seasons, Owatonna, 8 pm
- Saturday, November 28 at MN Mullets, Augsburg, 4:30 pm
- Saturday, December 5 at Rochester Vipers, Graham Arena, 7:30 pm
- Sunday, December 6 vs Mullets, Four Seasons, Owatonna, 7:30 pm
2021's Best Colleges/Universities in the Country
CHECK THIS OUT: Escape Minnesota Without Leaving the State by Visiting these 10 Places