An opportunity has arrived to own a unique and historic Duluth property. Originally designed as a carriage house to a mansion built for lumber baron John Millen, this pretty stone cottage is now for sale.
Sitting on a gorgeous wooded lot, this cottage was built in 1912 and while it has been remodeled or refurbished for today's lifestyle, it retains much of the original character from a bygone era.
Take a look through a piece of Duluth's history, which could now be yours.
Historic Stone Cottage, Once A Carriage House For A Duluth Mansion Is For Sale
Duluth is filled with historic properties
and another chance to own one has arrived. If you've ever heard someone talk about "that pretty stone cottage", chances are they are referring to the cottage that sits at 1600 Vermillion Road.
This historic property was designed by renowned architect Fredrick German and it was once a carriage house for the neighboring mansion, which was built for lumber baron John Millen in 1912. Although it has been remodeled or refurbished for today's lifestyle, it retains much of its original character.
As you approach this iconic landmark, you'll notice the majestic stone arch that welcomes you and your guests. Once inside the 1,900-square-foot cottage, you'll enjoy a surprisingly open-concept floor plan on the main level. They've truly maximized this space, which features a primary suite, an ensuite, and even a unique lofted level.
The craftsmanship is from a bygone era, with stone walls so thick, you hear no sounds from the outside. While the cottage features a smaller footprint, it's certainly a case of quality of quantity and the new owner will find it a perfect fit.
Historic + Exquisite! An Original Hartley Family Mansion Is For Sale In Duluth
Duluth has its fair share of historic properties, but it's not very often they are listed for sale. However, one such property, built in 1915, has hit the market
full of both history and charm.
An original Hartley Family Mansion, situated in a picturesque location offering stunning views of Lake Superior is for sale. The mansion features 8,000 square feet of living space offering 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, and a detached one-bedroom carriage house above the two-stall garage that is licensed as a rental if so desired.
The seemingly endless impressive list of features includes:
- A formal dining room is perfect for hosting lavish dinners and entertaining guests.
- An updated kitchen complete with granite counters, new appliances, a large walkthrough pantry, and a butler's pantry with green onyx counters. A chef's dream!
- An updated 1100 square foot patio, which provides great views of Lake Superior and is perfect for outdoor entertaining.
- A second-floor master bedroom suite that features a luxurious master closet and bathroom. This floor also features a recently updated shower room, 4 additional bedrooms, and 3 additional baths.
- A third floor with 3 more bedrooms, another bath, and ample storage.
You'll also find hardwoods throughout, a finished basement full of amenities, and so much more. This Hartley Family Manion is listed for $1,399,900. Take a look!