Friendship Wagon Train Treks From Northfield to Kiester
The 2019 Friendship Wagon Train rides through the area beginning this Saturday in Northfield, Mn. and ending Saturday, June 29th in Kiester, Mn. They will be assembling tomorrow at the Cannon Valley Co-Op in Northfield for the fundraiser for the Minnesota Special Olympics. Representatives are scheduled to be guests on AM Minnesota 9:30 this morning on KDHL.
8:00 a.m. Saturday they are scheduled to depart Northfield and travel to Cannon City where they will have lunch, then on to Faribault for overnight camp. Here is the rest of their schedule for the 116 mile trip:
- Sunday, June 23 Faribault to Ableman Orchard to Morristown
- Monday, June 24 Morristown to Blooming Grove United Methodist Church to Waseca
- Tuesday, June 25 Waseca to Otisco to New Richland
- Wednesday, June 26 New Richland to Hartland to Freeborn
- Thursday, June 27 Freeborn to Arrowhead Park to Alden
- Friday, June 28 Alden to Walters to Kiester (Farming of Yesteryear)
- Final Ceremony will be Saturday, June 29
The Friendship Wagon Train started in 1989 and ever since has been raising funds for organizations that benefit children and adults with developmental disabilities.
There will be horses, wagons pulled by horses and mules, mules on the trip. The public is encouraged to visit with the wagon train members any time during the week.
One hundred percent of the donations collected will go to Special Olympics of Minnesota.
Souvenirs are available from the Wagon Train Peddler Wagon. T-shirts and and hats.