Amazing String of Summer-Like Weather Days Start Today in Southern Minnesota
It has been a long, wet, cool spring in Minnesota, but that all changes starting today with an amazing stretch of early-summer weather this week.
Other than our week of fake summer in March with highs in the eighties, this spring has been a wet one. Adding insult to injury, most of our dry and sunny days have come during the week -- with wet, cool, and soggy weekends.
That changes starting today.
The average high temperature in Owatonna for May increases from 64 to 75 as we move through the month.
Download our mobile app below for the latest forecast anytime in the palm of your hand.
Get our free mobile app
Owatonna's Ten Day Forecast
- SAT 5/20: Sunny, with a high near 68.
- SUN 5/21: Sunny, with a high near 74.
- MON 5/22: Sunny, with a high near 77.
- TUE 5/23: Sunny, with a high near 80.
- WED 5/24: Sunny, with a high near 80.
- THU 5/25: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
- FRI 5/26: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
- SAT 5/27: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
- SUN 5/28: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
- MON 5/29: Scattered thunderstorms, with a high near 79.
11 Essentials for Hitting the Beach this Summer in Minnesota
It's heating up out there, so I wanted to put together a list of some items you need when heading to the beach. Other than the basics like a swimsuit and beach towel, here are some essentials you need to bring with you to the beach this summer in Minnesota.
Most Visited State Parks In Minnesota: Is Your Favorite in the List?
Minnesota has 75 beautiful state parks. The parks have an average of 9,700,000 visitors each year. Interestingly enough, nearly 19% of park visitors come from other states and countries, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Now, my favorite State Park is Jay Cooke in Carlton, MN, but it did not break into the top 5.