Flash Flooding in Downtown Duluth on Monday Evening
DULUTH (WJON News) -- The National Weather Service in Duluth says a very localized heavy rainfall event happened Monday night near the downtown area of Duluth.
At the airport, only 1.23" of rain fell. However, an observer closer to the heaviest rain on the hillside recorded 3.7", and per radar estimates, it's possible that up to 6" of rain fell around Arrowhead Rd/St. Scholastica area.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- After Big Jump, Gas Prices Should Start Falling Again
- 14th Annual Pride Weeks Offers Events Each Day this Week
- No, Morgan Wallen is Not Coming to the Rogers, MN Ice Arena
- Benton Co. History: Celebrating Minnesota's Centennial in 1958
- Parts of Minnesota Now in Exceptional Drought
- Winning $2 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Stearns County