Stretch of Hwy. 14 in Olmsted County to be Reduced to One Lane
That’s according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation. A news release says the closure is to allow crews to repair concrete on a bridge.
The work area is focused on a bridge about a mile and a half west of St. Charles. MnDOT says crews will close the eastbound lane on Monday, August 21 and anticipate reopening it on August 28. The westbound lane will then close on August 28 and reopen once the repair work has been completed.
MnDOT anticipates the project will wrap up by August 31. Drivers are advised to watch for a temporary stoplight that will control the traffic flow through the work area.
MnDOT also has a list of reminders for motorists to safely navigate work zones:
- Obey posted speed limits. The fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Drive undistracted. Avoid using cell phones, mobile devices, adjusting the radio – even eating –while in work zones.
- Move over. Give workers room to safely complete their work.
- Know before you go. Get real-time information about traffic and road conditions at www.511mn.orgor get the free 511mn smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.
- Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Do the zipper merge.
- Avoid making unnecessary lane changes.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.