Who’s Holding The Winning Tickets? 100K Won In Area
Two or possibly more people in the Faribault and Northfield area are sitting on a combined 100k, but maybe they don't realize they have the winning ticket. The two winning tickets were sold for separate Powerball drawings, the Faribault winning ticket was purchased for the August 16, 2017 Powerball drawing and is worth $50,000. The Fareway store on 2nd Ave NW sold the winning ticket.
The winning Powerball ticket, worth $50,000, that was purchased in Northfield was for the March 17, 2018 drawing. That ticket was sold at the Kwik Trip on Honey Locust St.
There is also an unclaimed $50,000 winning ticket that was sold in Rochester July 11th at the Casey's on Eastwood Rd SE.
So what would $50,000 get you?
- A hot air balloon - according to Google the average balloon costs for a small 2 person is about $22,000. For balloons to carry a pilot plus 4 passages the average cost is 35,000 to over $45,000.
- An above ground pool - again, according to Google most homeowners spend between $600 and $3,000 to purchase an above ground pool, which doesn't include costs for professional installation.
- With that pool add on a deck, a standard deck that is 16x20' foot deck made with pressure-treated wood would cost $9,600 to $11,200.
- And why not a nice patio set, since you've added a pool and deck, for $2,000.
- Finally a Big Green Egg for around $1,500.
- A 2019 Ford Mustang for $38,175
So check those tickets and make your hot air balloon tourism business come to life!
Winners have exactly one year from the drawing to claim their prizes. If the one-year deadline falls on a weekend or a holiday, you have until the end of the next business day to claim prizes. You can check for any large unclaimed prize on the Minnesota Lottery's website here.