High School Fall Sports Season Begins in Two Weeks
High school fall sports practice for the 2016-17 season officially begins on August 15. Many sports will hold captains' practice before that.
The turning of the calendar brings the end of summer into sight. Athletes across Minnesota will have their first official practice for fall sports in two weeks. In the Owatonna school district, go to www.owatonnaactivies.com for registration information and dates to remember.
The first team to play a varsity event will be the girls tennis team, which opens its season on Monday, August 22. Later that week the Huskies volleyball, cross country and soccer teams will begin. Girls swimming starts September 1. OHS football opens on Friday, September 2, hosting Mankato West.
Owatonna High School varsity sports opening dates:
- girls tennis at Lakeville North: Monday, August 22
- volleyball vs. Prior Lake: Thursday, August 25
- boys soccer at Burnsville: Thursday, August 25
- girls cross country at UW-River Falls: Thursday, August 25
- girls soccer at Lakeville North: Saturday, August 27
- boys cross country at Austin: Tuesday, August 30
- girls swimming vs. Red Wing: Thursday, September 1
- football vs. Mankato West: Friday, September 2
Triton holds their fall sports eligibility night on Monday, August 8, at 6PM. Medford's fall sports meeting is Thursday, August 11. Blooming Prairie has its fall sports meeting for parents and athletes on Monday, August 22.