George Clooney’s Cousin is a Priest Married to Whom?
Well let's have a little obscure pop trivia for the weekend. Here we go.
1. Barry Manilow had a No. 1 song in 1975 with I Write the Songs. Except he didn't write this one. Bruce Johnston penned it.
2. There was a gal named Jan Freeman who briefly dabbled in music. She worked as a stand-in for a famous pop star. Surprise.
She stood in for a man, David Cassidy in the Partridge Family TV Show. Jan was David's girlfriend at the time and they actually looked quite a bit alike. David Cassidy's stand in was a woman.
3. Do you remember this 1960 hit by Johnny Cymbal?
Now listen to this song.
Johnny Cymbal and Derek are one and the same!
4. There was a fellow who served as engineer on the Beatles albums and later produced some of the early Pink Floyd albums. At age 49 he got behind the mic and recorded a song that went to No. 1 in England and No. 3 in the U.S.A. and here he is... Remember this one?
5. Now to George Clooney. His cousin Gabriel Ferrer is an Episcopalian priest. Gabe is married to an artist who had perhaps the biggest hit of the 1970s, a song that stayed at No. 1 for 10 consecutive weeks. Here it is.
What a gathering of talent: Debby Boone with her father, Pat, the heartthrob of the '50s and her Grandpa Red Foley, who was a very well-known gospel singer. Add in her in-laws Jose Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney, who were well-known celebrities, and you have quite a wealth of talent.