5 Places to Snorkel in Minnesota
When you think of snorkeling, you probably are picturing somewhere in the Caribbean with warm sandy beaches nearby, palm trees, and an array of colorful, tropical fish populating the water. Minnesota is a far cry from that image, and yet, if snorkeling is something that interests you, there are several places you can snorkel right here in Minnesota.
- Lakes. Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes, but in truth, there are far more than that. Some are better options than others, but your local lake is a great place to practice snorkeling. Square Lake by Stillwater seems to be a popular pick, and you might see a sunken boat while checking out the fish. Check out the website for more information.
- Cuyuna County State Recreation Area. Near Ironton, Minnesota, this former mining area offers views of underwater forests and fish. Check out the website for details.
- Eagan Scuba Center. Open since 1973, the Eagan Scuba Center boasts a heated pool to learn and practice in. Learn more at their website.
- Air Down There. Air Down There offers classes and says that the only prerequisite is a “desire to explore the underwater world and being comfortable in the water.” Learn more at their website.
- SEA LIFE Aquarium. Located at the Mall of America, this experience lets you swim with the fish. Learn more at the website.